Depending on a computer’s local security policies and configuration, the execution of downloaded files might be blocked. In particular, when downloading a file through a Windows OS to an NTFS partition, the Windows OS considers this file as an attachment by default. As a result, the opening, unpacking, or execution of the file is “blocked,” resulting in errors. To avoid the installer file of Monarch Server from being blocked, the following steps are recommended.
To unblock the installer file after download
1. Find the ZIP file of the Monarch Server installer.
2. Right-click on the ZIP file and select Properties in the context menu.
3. Navigate to the Security section of the General tab in the Properties window. Find the Unblock check box beside the text “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.”
4. Select the Unblock check box to activate it.
5. Click OK to apply the change.